Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Israel at the University


Sigh...

This piece from Dennis Prager just came in my email, and as usual when I read world news about the Jews and Israel, I'm very depressed.

I don't always agree with Dennis (I think his approach to conservative politics and religion is kind of naive), but he's been warning us for quite a while that intelligence and education do not necessarily lead to morality, and of course he's quite right.

Are secularism and liberalism the new religion of unaffiliated Jews? Could be, although it sounds a bit exaggerated. Is conservative Christianity the best friend Israel has right now? Could be, although I wonder what they'll do when they realize we're not going to start worshipping Jesus. Is cognitive dissonance running rampant among us Jews today? Could be.


Is anti-Zionism a form of antisemitism? If it calls for the dismantling of one state in the world, and that state happens to be the only Jewish state in the world, you bet it is.

Is antisemitism on the rise? It's undeniable.

Benshlomo says, Here we go again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home