Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nose is Longer than a Telephone Wire

And now that I've raged and had time to calm down, here's something worth considering.

My best friend is a moderately conservative man and his wife is a die-hard Bush supporter. I do not discuss politics with her and I only discuss politics with him when he brings it up, which he does on a surprisingly regular basis. Once, though, his wife brought up an interesting point.

She said that the liberals are to blame for the current lack of civility in public discourse because liberals, when you talk to them, get so condescending about those who disagree with them. Therefore, when it comes to publicly insulting your opposition, she said, the left started it.

I disagree with this, needless to say, but even if it were true there's one thing that this latest boner by Karl Rove makes clear (that is, it would be a boner if he looked like he's ever had sex in his life): Liberals, to the best of my knowledge, do not smear conservatives from the White House, the Cabinet, or the inner sancti (plural of sanctum) of the Executive Branch, whereas radical conservatives have been doing it for years (see what this jackass has to say about Democrats).

Benshlomo says, Anyone who tells me I don't love my country because I'm a liberal is ready to get socked.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ma Tiny said...

make them stop it:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?fireturd

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home