Monday, September 19, 2005

Moving Right Along


Over the weekend, Little Miss and I picked a place to get married. Actually it was her brainstorm; the place is in Malibu, right off the beach, and she's been there many times before. There's plenty of room, it's not too expensive, and the owner of the place has given Little Miss pretty much of a free reign. I like the way it looks, too.

Also, I met a man in the jewelry business who agreed to help me pick out a ring next week. First, I'm to visit some reputable jewelry stores and educate myself somewhat.

The more items we investigate and make decisions on, the more I realize that I'm actually getting married. Like most people, I have no doubts about my fiancee; all my doubts are about me.

My father divorced my mother early in my life, so I sometimes question my own ability to sustain a commitment.

I make a decent living for one person, but like so many of us these days, I'm going to need way more discipline and financial savvy to support Little Miss, her daughter, and whatever other children we are blessed with.

I've been single and alone for a long time, and I'm accustomed to a lot of solitude and space. You can't always have that in a family.

So, despite my best efforts, I let these nasty issues and some other ones gnaw at me and get me crazy. Then Little Miss comes to visit me on Fridays, I take one look at her and wonder what the dickens I'm so worried about. She knows all my insecurities and I know all of hers, and she wants to marry me anyway.

So I'm going to look at some rings this week and I'm going to love it.

Benshlomo says, I love Little Miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home