Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Close to the Edge

So the Senate managed to avoid a showdown over the "nuclear option," at least for now.

Personally, I would rather have seen some deal reached where these radical reactionary judges were kept off the federal bench, since now we'll probably have to deal with them for years, but you can't have everything. Leaving aside the specific issue involved, I'm somewhat relieved to see that there are still those in the national leadership who prefer conversing to blabbermouthing. I don't trust Bill Frist to maintain this environment of workability for long, since he's already yammering about what will happen if the Democrats act "irresponsibly" (by which he means "in a manner contrary to what I want"), but for now, and miraculously in this power-hungry administration, democratic principles are still at work.

Beside, I take it that extremists on both sides are furious with this Senate compromise, and as usual when I hear that all the morons hate something I figure it's worth having around.

Benshlomo says, Talk is cheap - I'll take a couple of tons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home