Sunday, January 01, 2006

Two Zero Zero Six

I spent most of the day with Little Miss at my brother's house, with my mother and her sister, my sister-in-law and niece in attendance.


I used to think that if I didn't spend New Year's Day doing something out of the ordinary, something was seriously wrong. That usually consisted of watching the Rose Parade on television. And there's nothing wrong with the Rose Parade, but expecting to get some kind of special-occasion high from a television broadcast invariably gave me the sense that it was going to be just another year.

I much prefer today's marking of the turn to 2006. Nothing specifically new-yearish, but it left me with the definite knowledge that this year is going to be good.

Benshlomo says, Happy New Year, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home