Wednesday, March 30, 2005

How to get an idea

I'm about a third of the way through my novel, but I haven't written anything in a couple of days and that's no good. I was pumping out a thousand words a day for a while there, not because I was no inspired, but in order to get inspired.

I don't really expect what I'm pumping out right now to stay the way it is, of course. Most writers revise and edit their first drafts, with a few notable exceptions.

No, I'm not going to tell you anything about my novel, except that its title is "Weight". It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I don't trust the guy next to you.

Anyway, I expect I can catch up again. One thing I've learned, and it's my whole reason for posting this in the first place, is that inspiration comes after we start work, not before.

Benshlomo says, to himself first of all and then to everyone else, Get moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home